Thursday, March 10, 2011

Placement 2: Greater Grace International School, Budapest, Hungary

I am now in Budapest, Hungary student teaching in a 2nd grade classroom at Greater Grace International. I have 9 students:  4 from Hungary, 3 from Korea, 1 from Japan, and 1 from Sweden. They all speak English and all the teaching is done in English.

It has been a great experience so far! I am enjoying the small class size and multiculturalism of our classroom.

I have only been here for 2 weeks but I am already teaching many subjects, which has been great! The first lesson I taught in this placement was rough as I forgot how it was to start over again with a new group of students. I had gotten so used to teaching the last group of kids at Meigs North and they were used to my teaching, that I had forgotten what it was like to start with a new group. But, I think it was good that I got that reminder. It was a good lesson to see as I will have a new group of students every year when I begin teaching.

It has been a great placement so far and I am looking forward to the rest of my time here at GGIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment